NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANTS
FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY, on behalf of its Board of Trustees, announces that professional services for minor projects in the discipline of Civil Engineering will be required for this contract.
Project and Location: Located on all of Florida Atlantic University Campuses; specific projects will include parking lots, roadway improvement, realignments, utility right-of ways, storm water permitting and review, infrastructure capacity studies and other civil projects that have a basic construction budget estimated to be $2,000,000 or less, or studies for which the fee for professional services is $200,000 or less. Blanket professional liability insurance will be required for this project in the amount of $250,000, and will be provided as a part of Basic Services. The University may have additional campus service professionals under contract during the same time period. The initial term of agreement is for one year with the option to extend the agreement for two additional one year terms, to be evaluated annually, for a total of three years. At least three firms will be selected for these services.
Firms desiring to apply for consideration shall submit a letter of application.
The letter of application should have attached:
1. A completed “Florida Atlantic University Professional Qualifications Supplement” (FAUPQS Revised August, 2008). Applications on any other form may not be considered.
2. A copy of the applicant’s current Professional Registration Certificate from the appropriate governing board. An applicant must be properly registered at the time of application to practice its profession in the State of Florida. If the applicant is a corporation, it must be chartered by the Florida Department of State to operate in Florida.
Submit 4 (four) sets of the above requested data bound in the order listed above. Applications which do not comply with the above instructions may be disqualified. Application materials will not be returned. The plans and specifications for the State of Florida University projects are subject to reuse in accordance with the provisions of Section 287.055, Florida Statutes. As required by Section 287.133, Florida Statutes, a consultant may not submit a proposal for this project if it is on the convicted vendor list for a public entity crime committed within the past 36 months. The selected consultants must warrant that it will neither utilize the services of, nor contract with, any supplier, subcontractor, or consultant in excess of $10,000 in connection with this project for a period of 36 months from the date of their being placed on the convicted vendor list.
Sole Point of Contact: The FAU Construction Manager Qualifications Supplement, and the Project Fact Sheet are available online at http://wise.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM- advertise-home.php or by contacting the University’s Sole Point of Contact for this project: Ms. Jill Rosen, Department of Facilities Planning, (561)297-4110, Fax: (561)297-2260 or e-mail: email@example.com.
From the date of issuance of this Notice until a final selection of a consultant is made or a notice of cancellation is posted, the consultant must not make available or discuss its proposal, or any part thereof, with any member of the Selection Committee, unless permitted by the Sole Point of Contact, in writing, for purposes of clarification only, as set forth herein.
Any individual associated with a consultant who contacts members of the Selection Committee, regarding any aspect of this project, whether such contact be in person, telephone, or through electronic or written correspondence, may be determined to have violated the terms and conditions of this solicitation. If that determination is made, any proposal received from such an individual OR their company may be rejected as non-responsive and not subject to evaluation. If there are any changes or additions to the Sole Point of Contact information at any time in the process, participating consultants will be notified via an addendum to the Notice.
Questions regarding the Notice and/or process should be submitted via fax or email to the Sole Point of Contact. No oral communications shall be considered as a change to the Notice. FAU may respond to questions deemed by the University to be material in nature via a written addendum to the Notice. Interpretation of the wording of this document shall be the responsibility of the FAU and that interpretation shall be final. FAU Professional Qualifications Supplement and the Project Fact Sheet are available online at http://www.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM-advertise-home.php, or by contacting: Jill Rosen, Facilities Planning, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Campus Operations Building #69, Room 107, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, (561)297-4110 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four (4) bound sets of the required proposal data shall be submitted to: Ms. Jill Rosen, Facilities Planning, at the above address, by 5:00 p.m. (Local Time), January 7, 2010. In an effort to be sustainable; submittals shall be printed double sided (total 20 sheets), on recycled paper and the submittal is to be either stapled or GBC bound (no three ring binders).
Facsimile (FAX) submittals are not acceptable and will not be considered.
PROJECT FACT SHEET:
for Minor Projects
Florida Atlantic University
The civil engineer will be a single point of responsibility for performance of multiple civil engineering projects up to $2,000,000 individually, functioning as an independent engineer, publicly bidding trade contracts. Three Civil Engineering contracts will be awarded, for one year with option to extend the agreement for two additional one year terms, to be evaluated annually, for a total of three years.
Firms will be evaluated in the following areas: experience and ability; record-keeping, project administration ability, scheduling; cost estimating; cost control; quality control; and qualification of the firm’s personnel.
Experience and ability scores will be based on the following criteria:
1. Experience in projects of similar size and scope.
2. Experience in working with Universities.
3. Ability to manage the projects efficiently.
Robert Richman, Director, Facilities Planning
Jim Baker, Director, Engineering & Utilities
Paulo Brida, Senior Project Manager, Facilities Planning
Vince Elliott, Construction Project Specialist, Facilities Planning
The anticipated schedule for selection, award, and negotiation is as follows:
Submittals Due: January 7, 2010
Shortlist Meeting: To Be Determined
Final Interviews: To Be Determined
1. The University is not liable for any costs incurred by the Applicants prior to the issuance of an executed contract.
2. In order to minimize the possibility of unethical pressures or influences on the recommendation of the Selection Committee, no verbal or written communication is permitted between the applicants and the members of the Selection Committee. Any questions or requests for project information must be in writing to Jill Rosen, Office of Facilities Planning, Telephone (561)297-4110, Fax (561)297-2660, or e-mail email@example.com.
3. All applicants will be notified of the results of the shortlist in writing. Finalists will be informed of the interview date and time and will be provided with additional project information, if available. The Selection Committee will make a recommendation to the President of the University. All finalists will be notified in writing of the President’s action. Upon approval by the President, negotiations will be conducted in accordance with Section 287.055, Florida Statutes.
4. Blanket professional liability insurance will be required for this project in the amount of $250,000, and will be provided as a part of Basic Services.