NOTICE TO PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANTS
FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY, on behalf of its Board of Trustees, announces that professional services are required in the following discipline (s):
Project (s): Campus Service for Minor Projects
Project (s) Location: Florida Atlantic University, All Campuses.
Projects included in the scope of this agreement will be specific projects for renovations, alterations, and additions that have a basic construction budget estimated to be $2,000,000 or less, or studies for which the fee for professional services is $200,000 or less. Campus Service contracts for minor projects provide that the consultant will be available on an as-needed basis for the upcoming year. The consultants receiving the award will not have an exclusive contract to perform services for these projects. The University may have additional campus service professionals under contract during the same time period. The initial term of agreement is for one year with the option to extend the agreement for two additional one year terms, to be evaluated annually, for a total of three years. More than one firm will be selected for these services. Blanket professional liability insurance will be required for this project in the amount of $250,000 and will be provided as a part of Basic Services.
Firms desiring to provide professional services shall apply by letter specifying the discipline for which they are applying. Proximity of location will be a prime factor in the selection of the firm. Design ability will be considered as a selection category.
Attach to each letter of application:
1. A completed “Florida Atlantic University Professional Qualifications Supplement” (FAUPQS revised August, 2008) completed by the applicant. Applications on any other form will not be considered.
2. A copy of the applicant’s current Professional Registration Certificate from the appropriate governing board. An applicant must be properly registered at the time of application to practice its profession in the State of Florida. If the applicant is a corporation, it must be properly chartered by the Florida Department of State to operate in Florida.
Submit five (5) copies of the above requested data bound in the order listed above. Applications which do not comply with the above instructions will not be considered. Application material will not be returned.
The plans and specifications for A/E projects are subject to reuse in accordance with the provisions of Section 287.055, Florida Statutes. As required by Section 287.133, Florida Statutes, a consultant may not submit a proposal for this project if it is on the convicted vendor list for a public entity crime committed within the past 36 months. The selected consultant must warrant that it will neither utilize the services of, nor contract with, any supplier, subcontractor, or consultant in excess of $15,000.00 in connection with this project for a period of 36 months from the date of their being placed on the convicted vendor list.
Sole Point of Contact: The FAU Professional Qualifications Supplement, and the Project Fact Sheet are available online at http://www.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM-advertise-home.php or by contacting the University’s Sole Point of Contact for this project: Ms. Jill Rosen, Department of Space Utilization, Telephone: (561)297-4110, Fax: (561)297-2260 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the date of issuance of this Notice until a final selection of a consultant is made or a notice of cancellation is posted, the consultant must not make available or discuss its proposal, or any part thereof, with any member of the Selection Committee, unless permitted by the Sole Point of Contact, in writing, for purposes of clarification only, as set forth herein.
Any individual associated with a consultant who contacts members of the Selection Committee, regarding any aspect of this project, whether such contact be in person, telephone, or through electronic or written correspondence, may be determined to have violated the terms and conditions of this solicitation. If that determination is made, any proposal received from such an individual OR their company may be rejected as non-responsive and not subject to evaluation. If there are any changes or additions to the Sole Point of Contact information at any time in the process, participating consultants will be notified via an addendum to the Notice. Questions regarding the Notice and/or process should be submitted via fax or email to the Sole Point of Contact. No oral communications shall be considered as a change to the Notice. FAU may respond to questions deemed by the University to be material in nature via a written addendum to the Notice. Interpretation of the wording of this document shall be the responsibility of the FAU and that interpretation shall be final.
All postings referred to in this Notice will be posted electronically on the FAU Facilities website: http://www.fau.edu/facilities/uavp/AE-CM-advertise-home.php. At all times it shall remain the responsibility of the consultants participating in this solicitation to check the website for postings of addenda, short lists, and award decisions. No further notice will be given.
Submittals must be received in the Facilities Planning Department, Florida Atlantic University, Attention: Jill Rosen, 777 Glades Road, Bldg. CO-69, Room #107, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, by 5:00 p.m. (local time) on July 20, 2011. In an effort to be sustainable; submittals shall be printed double sided (total 20 sheets/40 pages), on recycled paper and the submittal is to be either stapled or GBC bound (no three ring binders). Facsimile (FAX) submittals are not acceptable and will not be considered.
PROJECT FACT SHEET
MEP Engineering Continuing Services Contract
Florida Atlantic University
Projects included in the scope of this agreement will be specific projects for renovations, alterations, and additions that have a basic construction budget estimated to be $2,000,000 or less, or studies for which the fee for professional services is $200,000 or less.
Firms will be evaluated in the following areas: current workload, location, past performance, volume of state work, design ability, and experience and ability. Experience and ability scores will be based on the following criteria:
1. Experience of firm and individual members of the design team with project of similar size and program.
2. Experience of firm and individual members of the design team in working with the State University System.
3. Evidence of efficient contract administration of projects.
1. Jim Baker, Director, Engineering & Utilities
2. Jeff Modlin, Associate Director, Engineering & Utilities
3. Paulo Brida, Associate Director, Facilities Planning
4. Robert Thompson, Project Coordinator, Engineering & Utilities
The anticipated schedule for selection, award, and negotiation is as follows:
Submittal Due: July 20, 2011
Shortlist Meeting: TBD
Final Interviews: TBD
Contract Negotiation: TBD
1. The University is not liable for any costs incurred by the Applicants prior to the issuance of an executed contract.
2. In order to minimize the possibility of unethical pressures or influences on the recommendation of the Selection Committee, no verbal or written communication is permitted between the applicants and the members of the Selection Committee. Any questions or requests for project information must be in writing to: Jill Rosen, Department of Facilities Planning Telephone: (561)297-4110, Fax: (561)297-2260 or e-mail: email@example.com.
3. All applicants will be notified of the results of the shortlist in writing. Finalists will be informed of the interview date and time and will be provided with additional project information, if available.
4. The Selection Committee will make a recommendation to the President of the University. All finalists will be notified in writing of the President’s action. Upon approval by the President, negotiations will be conducted in accordance with Section 287.055, Florida Statutes.