PURPOSE AND EFFECT: To provide for designation of certain ex officio nonvoting members to the Council.
SUMMARY: Amends the rule to allow the appointment to the Council of ex officio nonvoting members to be appointed by the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority, d/b/a Lynx and the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority.
SUMMARY OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS: No Statement of Estimated Regulatory Cost was prepared.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 186.505 FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 186.505 FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Gerald S. Livingston, 215 South Monroe Street, 2nd Floor, Tallahassee, Florida 32301
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
(1) Council – the East
(2) Council Member(s) – representatives appointed by the Governor or by a member local government or League of Cities.
(3) Elected official – a member of the governing body of a municipality or county or a county elected official chosen by the governing body.
(4) Ex Officio Nonvoting Member – the ex officio nonvoting members identified in Section 186.504, Florida Statutes, together with an ex officio nonvoting member appointed by the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority d/b/a Lynx and an ex officio nonvoting member appointed by the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority.
(4) Department – the Florida Department of Community Affairs.
(5) Federal or federal government – the government of the
(6) Local general-purpose government – any municipality or county created pursuant to the authority granted under Section 1 and 2, Article VIII of the Constitution for the State of
(7) Member government – any county or any association representing a group of municipalities located within the Region.
(8) Population – the population according to the current determination by the executive office of the Governor pursuant to Section 186.901, Florida Statutes, for revenue sharing purposes.
(9) Principal member unit – each of the counties in the Region.
(10) Region or East Central Florida Region – the geographical area, including both land and water, within or adjacent to the counties of Brevard, Lake,
(11) State or State government – the government of the State of
(12) Strategic regional policy plan – a long-range guide for physical, economic and social development of the Region that identifies goals, objectives and policies.
Specific Authority 186.505 FS. Law Implemented 186.505 FS. History–New 9-22-99, Amended_________.