55A-3.005: County and City Veteran Service Officer Training Courses
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: To update contact information.
SUMMARY: County and City Veteran Service Officers.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS: No Statement of Estimated Regulatory Cost was prepared.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 292.05(3) FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 292.11(4) FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Ron Lynn, (850)487-1533
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
55A-3.005 County and City Veteran Service Officer Training Courses.
(1) In order to be certified by the Department, an applicant for the position of either a county or city Veteran Service Officer must successfully complete the Department’s Training Course.
(2) The Department shall hold at least one such Training Course each calendar quarter unless there are no applicants. The Department may hold more than one Training Course in any quarter when there is sufficient demand.
(3) The Training Course will be held at the Department offices at 9500 Bay
as indicated in Rule 55-1.021, Florida Administrative Code. Applicants will be notified in advance as to the schedule for the course.
(4) The course shall be designed to acquaint the applicant with the various benefits and compensation available to eligible veterans and dependents; the eligibility standards; and the procedures to be followed in assisting veterans or dependents in applying for and receiving such benefits and compensation.
(5) Each applicant will be required to demonstrate mastery of the subjects covered in the Training Course by passing a written test administered by the Department. Any applicant who fails to pass the test shall not be certified by the Department.
Specific Authority 292.05(3) FS. Law Implemented 292.11(4) FS. History–New 8-14-79, Formerly 9H-3.05, 22S-3.05, 22S-3.005, Amended 10-4-89,________.