64B16-26.1002: Initial License Fees
PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The Board proposes the rule amendment to provide an initial registration fee for registered pharmacy technicians and a fee for unlicensed activity.
SUMMARY: An initial registration fee for registered pharmacy technicians and an unlicensed activity fee will be provided.
SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS: A Statement of Estimated Regulatory Cost has been prepared and is available by contacting Rebecca Poston, Executive Director, at the address listed below. The following is a summary of the SERC:
• It is estimated that up to 51,000 would apply for initial registration.
• All initial and renewal permit applicants for the registration of pharmacy technicians will increase the number of applications processed under the contract.
• Initial application will be a non-recurring transaction cost of $50.
• A $5.00 unlicensed activity fee will be incurred.
• The rule does not require small business to pay the initial registration fee. If the small business chooses to pay the initial registration fee, then the impact will be $55 per technician.
• The proposed change is not expected to impact small business, small counties or small cities.
Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.
SPECIFIC AUTHORITY: 465.005, 465.0125, 465.0126 FS.
LAW IMPLEMENTED: 456.013(2), 456.065(3), 465.0125, 465.0126 FS.
IF REQUESTED WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THIS NOTICE, A HEARING WILL BE SCHEDULED AND ANNOUNCED IN FAW.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Rebecca R. Poston, Executive Director, Board of Pharmacy, 4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin #C04, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-3253
THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:
64B16-26.1002 Initial License Fees.
(1) through (3) No change.
(4) The initial registration fee for a registered pharmacy technician shall be $50 plus a $5 unlicensed activity fee pursuant to Section 456.065(3), F.S.
Specific Authority 465.005, 465.0125, 465.0126 FS. Law Implemented 456.013(2), 456.065(3), 465.0125, 465.0126 FS. History–New 1-11-05, Amended_________.