53ER07-33: Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE™ Retailer Incentive Rules
SUMMARY: The Department of the Lottery will conduct a “Firecracker Millionaire Raffle Retailer Incentive” program from May 18, 2007 through July 3, 2007, in which certain retailers will receive bonus commissions during the promotion period.
THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE EMERGENCY RULE IS: Faith L. Schneider, Legal Analyst, Department of the Lottery, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011
THE FULL TEXT OF THE EMERGENCY RULE IS:
53ER07-33 Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLETM Retailer Incentive Rules.
(1) Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE is an on-line number match game. Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets will go on sale Friday, May 18, 2007. Sales of Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets will cease immediately after the 1,500,000th ticket is sold or at midnight on July 3, 2007, whichever occurs first.
(2) Each Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE ticket will contain a unique ticket number that will be entered automatically into the Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE drawing. A random computerized drawing from among all Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE ticket numbers issued during the sales period will be held on July 4, 2007. A total of 237 prizes will be awarded. Prizes will be awarded in the order drawn. The first through twelfth numbers drawn will win $1 million cash. The 13th through 37th numbers drawn will win $100,000 and will be alternates in the order drawn for a $1 million prize in the event a top prize is not claimed within the 180-day claim period. The 38th through 237th numbers drawn will win $10,000.
(3) A retailer who sells a winning $1 million Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE ticket will receive a bonus commission of $5,000 in addition to the regular five percent sales commission set forth in Rule 53ER05-14, F.A.C.
(4) Award of a bonus commission is not dependent upon the winning Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE ticket being claimed by the winner. Retailers who sell winning $10,000 or $100,000 Firecracker MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE tickets, including those that subsequently become alternate winners of a $1 million prize, will not be eligible for a bonus commission.
(5) Retailers whose
(6) A bonus commission will be considered compensation to the retailer for Internal Revenue Service purposes. The
Specific Authority 24.105(9), 24.109(1), 24.112(1) FS. Law Implemented 24.105(9), 24.112(1) FS. History–New 5-11-07.